The effect of TiB2 additives on the sintering temperature, structure, and mechanical properties of materials based on the Fe-FeCr800 system is investigated. It was shown that the introduction of titanium diboride additives leads to the activation of compaction and to a 50–70ºС decrease in the sintering temperature of the pressed composites based on iron. It has been studied that the addition of titanium diboride in the range of 0.38-0.74 (% wt.) provides, with a slight increase in hardness, an increase of 20-25% of the flexural strength of the composite 65Fe-35 FeCr800800 (% wt.), and also provides the formation of a multiphase, microheterogeneous structure of the matrix-filled composite type, which consists of chromium steel of the X6Cr17 type, double iron-chromium carbides M7C3, M3C and complex carboborides of the Me3(CB) type.
- Bondar A. / Carbon – Chromium – Iron / A.Bondar, V.Ivanchenko, A.Kozlov, I.-C. Tedenac // Landolt – Börnstein, Numerical Date and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology / ed. by W.Martinsen. - New Series. Group IV: Physical Chemistry. – Ternary Alloy Systems. Phase Diagrams, Crystallographic and Thermodynamic date Criticall Evaluated by MSIT /ed. by G.Effanberg, S. Ilyenco.- Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer – Verlag, 2007.- Vol.11D2.-p.1-55.
- Masliuk, V.A., Bondar A.A., Kuras V.B. (2013). Struktura ta vlastyvosti poroshkovykh materialiv kompozytsii zalizo-vysokovuhletsevyj ferokhrom [Structure and properties of powder materials of the composition of iron-high-carbon ferrochrome]. Poroshkovaia metallurhyia – Powder metallurgy, №5/6, 66-74.
- Masliuk, V.A., Karaimchuk E.S, Kurochkin V.D. (2018) Struktura, fiziko-mekhanicheskie i tribotekhnicheskie svojstva poroshkovyh materialov zhelezo-vysokouglerodistyj ferrohrom legirovannyh dobavkami Ni3B [Structure, physicomechanical and tribotechnical properties of iron-high-carbon ferrochrome powder materials doped with Ni3B additives]. Poroshkovaia metallurhyia – Powder metallurgy, №3/4, 62-70.
- Masliuk, V.A., Sytnyk, Ya.A., Pidopryhora, M.I., Yakovenko, R.V. (2015) Vplyv dobavok khromystykh stalej i borydu nikeliu na strukturu ta vlastyvosti poroshkovykh kompozytsijnykh materialiv zalizo – vysokovuhletsevyj ferokhrom FKh800 [Influence of additives of chromium steels and nickel boride on the structure and properties of powder composite materials iron - high carbon black ferrochrome FH 800].Poroshkovaia metallurhyia - Powder metallurgy, 5/6, 52-59.
- ISO 4498-1-90 “Metal sintered materials, excluding solid alloys. Determination of apparent hardness. The materials are mainly with uniform hardness across the cross-section”.
- ISO 3327 "Alloys are solid. Determination of the tensile strength at the transverse bend".