Computer modelling of radial-shear rolling of austenitic stainless steel AISI-321
- 1 Rudny industrial Institute, Rudny, Kazakhstan
- 2 Nazarbayev University, Astana, Kazakhstan
- 3 Karaganda state industrial University, Temirtau, Kazakhstan
- 4 University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria
In this paper the results of modelling of radial-shear rolling process of austenitic stainless steel AISI-321 are presented. The simulation in Simufact Forming program complex was performed. The conditions of simulation for radial-shear mill SVP-08 of Rudny industrial Institute were adopted. The various parameters of stress-strain state (effective plastic strain, effective stress, mean normal stress and Lode-Nadai coefficient) and also microstructure evolution with rolling force were considered. It is revealed that radial-shear rolling is an effective process for obtaining of high quality round billets from stainless steels of austenitic class.
- V.G. Sorokin, A.V. Volosnikova, S.A. Vyatkin, HandBook of steels and alloys, M.: Mashinostroenie, 1989.
- www.Simufact.com - Simufact Forming manual
- ASM Metals HandBook Vol. 19 - Fatigue and Fracture. ASM International, 2002.
- V.M. Segal, V.I. Reznikov, V.I. Kopylov, D.A. Pavlik, V.F. Malyshev, Processes of plastic structure formation of metals, Minsk: Science and technology, 1994.