Optimization of joining parameters of thin-walled materials by flowdrill technology
- 1 Technical University of Košice, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Technology, Materials and Computer Supported Production
This paper deals with the investigation of the effect of speed on the form fit joint of dissimilar materials. Thin -walled materials based on steel and aluminium alloy were joined by thermal drilling. The shape and size of the resulting bushing were evaluated. It turned out that the best material combination for joining by flowdrill technology are joints made of steel and aluminum alloy. Aluminum alloy must always be placed in the bottom position. The best parameters of the formed bushing were achieved with the combination of DC-Al or TL-Al materials, at tool speeds of at least 2400 rpm.
- European Aluminium Association: Hybrid joining techniques. Available online: https://www.aec.org/page/extrusion-aluminum-joining-manual (accessed on 07-02-2022).
- W.S. Messler, Joining of advanced materials, 1st ed.; Butterworth-Heinemann: Oxford, United Kingdom, 1993; 560 p.
- K. Mori, N. Bay, L. Frantini, F. Micari, A.E. Tekkaya, CIRP Annals – Manuf. Technol. 2013, 62, 673-694. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2013.05.004.
- K. Martinsen, S.J. Hu, B.E. Carlson, CIRP Annals – Manuf. Technol. 2015, 64, 679-699. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2015.05.006.
- M. Kleiner, M. Geiger, A. Klaus, CIRP Annals – Manuf. Technol. 2003, 52, 521-542. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007- 8506(07)60202-9.
- M. Graf, S.P. Sikora, C.S. Roider, Thin-Walled Struct. 2018, 130, 286-296. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2018.02.023.
- F. Aslan, L. Langlois, T. Balan, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 2019, 104, 2377 – 2388. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-019-04097- z.
- P. Krasauskas, Mechanika (Kaunas) 2011, 17, 681-686. https://doi.org/10.5755/j01.mech.17.6.1014.
- C. Özek, Z. Demir, TEM-Journal 2013, 2, 93 – 101.
- R. Kumar, N.R.J. Hynes, Int. J. Light. Mat. Manuf. 2019, 2, 193 – 205. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.ijlmm.2019.08.003.
- R. Kumar, N.R.J. Hynes, C.I. Pruncu, J.A.J. Sujana, J. Clean. Prod. 2019, 236, 117711. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.117711.
- P. Shalamov, M. Pivtsaeva, A. Chvanova, Shamgunov, A., Mater. Today 2021, 38, 1931-1935. https://doi.org/10.1016/j. matpr.2020.09.071.
- R. Schmerler, F. Rothe, M. Grunert, Hybrid joining using the flow drill technology. Available on the internet: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341616091_Hybridfugen_ durch_Fliesslochformen_Hybrid_joining_using_the_flow_drill_tec hnology (accessed on 17-01-2022).
- A. Guzanová, E. Janoško, D. Draganovská, M. Vrabeľ, M. Tomáš, P. Horňak, M. Vojtko, N. Veligotskyi, Metals, 2022, 12, 540. https://doi.org/10.3390/met12040540.