Properties of polymer composites with long fibers
- 1 Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
The paper is focused on composite materials with a polymer thermosetting matrix reinforced with long (continuous) fibers. These materials offer their specific properties that can be used in various areas of industry. From this point of view, polymer mat rix composites are, due to their mechanical properties and low weight, the most promising material for use in various application solutions. However, their disadvantage is the high price, which is higher than the price of conventionally used materials. The method of production of components from composite materials itself requires precisely specified technological procedures, which differs slightly from the traditionally used methods of component production, e.g. of metal materials.
- M. Dúbravčík. Š. Kender. Accelerating of ultralight composite´s production processes. In: Interdisciplinarity in theory and practice. (2016). no. 9. p. 137-141. - ISSN 2344 – 2409
- B. Kratochvíl.. V. Švorčík. D. Vojtěch. Introduction to the study of materials. Vol. 1. Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague (2005). p. 172. - ISBN 80-7080-568-4
- J. Brezinová. Š. Kender. ... [et al.]. Application of sandwich composites in car construction In: Composites: Mechanics. Computations. Applications: An International Journal. - Danbury (USA) : Begell House (2021) Vol. 12. no. 4. p. 63-84 [online]. - ISSN 2152-2057
- S. Radchenko. ... [et al.]. Classification of composite materials used in the engineering industry. [online] Košice: MEDIA/ST. Engineering.
- P. K. Mallick. Particulate and short fiber reinforced polymer composites. In Comprehensive Composite Materials. Elsevier. (2000). Volume 2. pp. 291–33.
- J. Bai. Advanced fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites for structural applications. [Online]. Elsevier. Woodhead Publishing Limited. (2013). 905 s. - ISBN: 0857098640.
- HAVEL COMPOSITES. HAVEL Catalog (2021). [Online]. Přáslavice. HAVEL Catalog 2021.pdf (havel-composites.com)