The paper presents results of quality evaluation of hardfacing layers applied to functional parts of dredger teeth. Layers were made by arc welding methods MMAW and FCAW. High-alloy types of filler materials were used in the experiment. Their chemical composition allows the production of overlay layers with a high content of carbide particles. These particles ensure high resistance to abrasive wear of the layers. Excavator teeth were made by casting high-grade manganese steels Grade B-3 A 128 / A128M-93. In the experiments, the presence of surface defects of the weld deposit was assessed by visual inspection. The resistance of the hard-facing layers to the effects of abrasive wear was assessed using a Di-1 experimental apparatus and evaluated on the basis of weight loss.
- S. Hadi Suryo, A.P. Bayuseno, J.Jamari, M. Ramandhan. AIP Conf. Proc. 030022-1–030022-9, (2018)
- K. M. Mashloosh, T.S. Eyre. I.Mech.E. (1985)
- John Deere. Bucket Tooth Catalogue. (USA: John Deere 2002)
- J. Brezinová, D. Draganovská, A. Guzanová, P. Balog, J. Viňáš. Metals. 6. 1-12, (2016)
- J. Čabelka. Weldability of metals and alloys. 445, (1977)