This study was aimed to evaluate water application uniformity of emitters for drip irrigation systems. The data was obtained from our previous studies or some researches in the world relevant to watering performance of drippers. In results, reasons of poor watering performance of drip irrigation systems were inadequate design and mainly incorrect management of systems. Following recommendations were proposed for better distribution of water for crops / plants; 1- correct design and management of the systems, 2- applications of physical, chemical, and biological for preventing dripper clogging, 3- timely control of system components particularly emitters, and 4- participation of farmers courses about agricultural water management.
- M. Irfan, M. Arshad, A. Shakoor, L. Anjum, 2014. Impact of irrigation management practices and water quality on maize production and water use efficiency. J. Anim. Plant Sci., 24,5: 1518-1524 (2014)
- B. Acar, Efficacy of drip irrigation system for some vegetables: assessments of yield and water productivity. International Journal of Agriculture and Economic Development, 8,2: 1-7 (2020)
- P. Shamshery, R.Q. Wang, D.V. Tran, A.G. Winter, Modeling the future of irrigation: A parametric description of pressure compensating drip irrigation emitter performance. PLoONE, 12, 4: 1-24 (2017)
- M.Y. Tayel, H.A. Mansour, S.Kh. Pibars, The hydraulic evaluation of drip irrigation system by hydrocalc model under different dripper types and low quality water. Plant Archives, 19,2: 554-561 (2019)
- M.S. Ardey, Effects of Pressure Head on Water Distribution Uniformity of Pressure Compensating (PC) Emitters Fitted in a Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipe. This Thesis is submitted to the University of Ghana, Legon in Partial Fulfilment of the Requirement for the Award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering, Department of Agricultural Engineering Sciences, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, University of Ghana, Legon, 45 ps (2021).
- O.D. Raphael, M.F. Amodu, D.A. Okunade, O.O. Elemile, A.A. Gbadamosi, Field evaluation of gravity-fed surface drip irrigation systems in a sloped greenhouse. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, (IJCIET), 9,10: 536-548 (2018)
- O.E. Omofunmi, O.A. Ilesanmi, T. Orisabinone, Performance evaluation of hydraulic parameters of a developed drip irrigation system. Malysian Journal of Civil Engineering, 31,2: 9-16 (2019)
- A. Trivedi, A.K. Gautam, Temporal effects on the performance of emitters. Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences, 8,2: 37-42 (2019)
- W.M.A. Khalifa, A computer model for trickle irrigation system design. Int Trans J Eng Manag Sci Tech., 11,7: 1-17 (2020)
- P. Mistry, M. Akil, T.M.V. Suryanarayana, F.P. Parekh, Evaluation of drip irrigation system for different operating pressure. IJAERD, National Conference on Application of Nanotechnology, February, 63-69, (2017).
- A. Capra, V. Tanburina, Evalution and control of distribution uniformity in farm irrigation systems. Proceedings of 46 th International Executive Council Meeting, ICID, CIID special Technical session, Roma, Italy (1995).
- Anonymous, Field Evaluation of Micro Irrigation Systems. ASABE Standards, 46th Ed. EP 458, St. Joseph, Mich.: ASAE (1999).
- H. Dinç, Konya-Şefikcan Parkında Kullanılan Basınçlı Sulama Sistemlerinin Su Yönetimi Açısından Değerlendirilmesi. MSc Thesis, The Graduate School of Natural And Applied Science of Selçuk University, 42 s (2023).
- P.K. Jamrey, G.K. Nigam, Performance evaluation of drip irrigation systems. The Pharma Innovation Journal, 7,1: 346- 348 (2018).
- A.R. Inciman, B. Acar, Watering uniformity of drip irrigation systems using in irrigation of maize for Konya-Çumra province, Turkey. Seria Agronomie, 63,1: 41-44 (2020).
- H.S. Darimani, N. Kpoda, S.M. Suleman, A. Luut, Field performance evaluation of a small-scale drip irrigation system installed in the upper west region of Ghana. Computational Water, Energy, and Environmental Engineering, 10: 82-94.
- V.R. Ramachandrula., R.R. Kasa, Prevention and treatment of drip emitter clogging: a review of various innovative methods. Water Practica & Technolgy, 17,10: doi: 10.2166/wpt.2022.115.