The article presents a study of the development of agricultural mechanics in Ukraine based on the coverage of scientific works in the areas of research of its patriarch, academician of VASGNIL, academician of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences, corresponding member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Professor Petro Vasylenko. The article analyzes not only his personal scientific works, but also the research of his immediate students. Academician Petro Vasylenko is known far beyond the borders of Ukraine for his fundamental research not only in agricultural mechanics, but also in the theory and methods of calculation of tillage,
sowing, grain harvesting and beet harvesting machines, as well as in the dynamics and stability of agricultural machinery. Petro Vasylenko was also awarded the highest award in the field of agricultural mechanics, the V.P. Goryachkin Gold Medal, for his outstanding scientific contribution to the development of the theory and practice of agricultural mechanics and for the creation of a scientific school. This award was given only to outstanding scientists with a worldwide reputation who enriched the treasury of scientific knowledge with fundamental works in the field of agricultural engineering aspects of agriculture.
- Vasylenko Petro Mefodiiovych: Biobibliographic index of scientific works for 1933-1999 / UAAS, Central Scientific Library, National Agrarian University; Edited by T.F. Derlemenko, L.D. Polyakova, D.V. Ustynovskyi, Z.I. Varga, V.M. Bulgakov, D.G. Voytyuk; Scientific editor G.G. Khurmanets – Kyiv, Agrarian Science, 2000. – 140 p.; port. – (Biobibliographic series "Academicians of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences" / UAAS, CSCSB, NAU).
- Academician Vasylenko P.M. – a bright look into the future / Edited by Bulgakov V.M. and Kaletnyk H.M. – Kyiv, Hi-Tech Press, 2012. – 680 p.
- Nikolaenko S.M. et al. Academician Vasylenko Petro Mefodiiovych – a coryphaeus of agricultural mechanics: Monograph // S.M. Nikolayenko, V.M. Bulgakov, D.G. Voytyuk, V.V. Adamchuk, L.M. Tishchenko – Kyiv: Agrarian Science, 2015. 315 p.
- History of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine 1929- 1933. Documents and materials. Scientific publication. Kyiv, 1998. 544 p.
- History of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (1941-1945): Part 2. Appendices / Edited by O.S. Onyshchenko (ed.) and others – Kyiv, 2007. 576 p.
- Vasilenko P.M., Babii P.T. Cultivators: (Design, theory and calculation). – Kyiv: UASKhN Publishing House, 1961. – 239 с.
- Vasilenko P.M., Vasilenko I.I. Automation of processes of agricultural production. – Ear, 1964. – 384 p.
- Vasilenko P.M., Artobolevskiy I.I., Dubrovskiy A.A. Land mechanics // Truth. – 1968. – April 19.
- Development of mechanization and electrification of agriculture in the Ukrainian SSR / Baraban N.P., Bublik N.I., Vasilenko P.M., Koval I.A., Martynenko I.I., Maslo I.P., Omelchenko A.A., Pogorely L.V. and others; Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR. Institute of History, Ukr. scientific-research institute of mechanization and electrification of rural economy, All- Union scientific-research design-technological institute of machines for complex mechanization and automation of livestock farms, scientific-production society, Ukr. s.-agricultural academy. – Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 1988. – 472 p.
- Vasilenko P.M. Theory of particle motion on rough surfaces of agricultural machines / P.M. Vasilenko. – Kyiv: Publishing House of the Ukrainian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 1960. – 283 p.
- Vasylenko P.M. Fundamentals of analytical methods of agricultural mechanics / P.M. Vasylenko; under the editorship V.M. Bulgakov, V.P. Vasylenko – Kyiv: NAU Publishing House, 1998. – 29 p.