BUSINESS & “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Changes of human resource management in the context of impact of the fourth industrial revolution
- 1 University of Economics in Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Fourth industrial revolution also called Industry 4.0, is considered as the most discussed topics among experts nowadays. The excitement for the Industry 4.0 goes two ways. First says that the fourth industrial revolution deals with the question of “a priori” and not “ex-post”. Organizations and research institutions gain opportunities for active building and forming of the future. Secondly, it has significant economic impact, which promises much higher operational efficiency, as well as development of brand-new business models, services and products. At the moment, organizations are able to run without elements of the Industry 4.0, but only for a limited time. They have to look for a path of further development, and that is digitalization in each field of business. With help of human resource management, organizations are able to form skills, abilities, behaviour and attitude of employees in order to achieve the targets of organization. Human resources represent significant factor for competitive advantage in the knowledge economy. In the Industry 4.0 considering human resource management, managers have to mainly focus on supporting of innovation and learning in the organization. The main goal of this article is to identify changes in methods and techniques during realization of human resource management in the context of the impact of fourth industrial revolution in theory, based on research of available scientific literature. Attention is mainly focused on selected functions of human resource management like job design, staffing, training and performance appraisal
- W. Dorst. Umsetzungsstrategie Industrie 4.0. https://www.its-owl.de/fileadmin/PDF/Industrie_4.0/2015- 0410_Umsetzungsstrategie_Industrie_4.0_Plattform_Industrie_4.0. pdf.
- T. Hanley, A. Daecher, M. Cotteleer, B. Sniderman. The Industry 4.0 paradox. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/focus/industry-4- 0/challenges-on-path-to-digital
- T. Mazali. From Industry 4.0 to Society 4.0, there and back. Springer, 33, 2017.
- A. Nankervis, M.Baird, J.Coffey, J.Shields. Human resource management. Strategy and practise. 2019
- A. Weber, T. Assembly. Industry 4.0: Myths vs.reality. https://search-1proquest-1com 158yblet906ab.hanproxy.cvtisr.sk/docview/1865427034?accountid= 59680
- A. Schumacher, S. Erol, W.Sihn. A maturity model for assessing Industry 4.0 readiness and maturity of manufacturing enterprises. ScienceDirect, 52, 2016.
- Boston Consulting Group. Industry 4.0 – the nine technologies tramsforming industrial production. https://www.bcg.com/capabilities/operations/embracing-industry-4.0-rediscovering-growth.aspx
- A.Moeuf, S. Lamouri, R. Pellerin, S. Tamayo-Giraldo, E. Tobon- Valencia, R. Ebudry. Identification of critical success factors, risks and opportunities of Industry 4.0 in SMEs. Scopus, 58, 2020.
- D.Sanghavi, S.Parikh, A.Raj. Industry 4.0: Tools and implementation. Researchgate, 2019.
- L.D.Xu, L.E. Xu, L. Li. . Industry 4.0: state of the art and future trends. 2018.
- NSF. Cyber-Physical systems (CPS). https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503286
- V. Hřebíček. Řízení lidských zdroju. https://is.muni.cz/el/1456/jaro2007/PHRLIZ/um/DSO_RLZ_10 _4_07.pdf
- B. Mihalčová. Riadenie ľudských zdrojov. 2007.
- M. Armstrong. Řízení lidských zdroju. Nejnovější trendy a postupy. 2007.
- M. Majtán. Manažment. 2016.
- R. Salzbrunn, M. Pobořil. Řízení lidských zdroju. 2015.
- F. Hecklau, M. Galeitzke, S. Flachs, H.Kohl. Holistic approach for human resource management in industry 4.0. ScienceDirect, 54, 2016.
- B. Sivathanu, R. Pillai. Smart HR 4.0 -how industry 4.0 is disrupting HR. Researchgate, 26, 2018.
- S. Shamim. Management approaches for Industry 4.0: A human resource management perspective. Researchgate, 2016.
- M. Stuart, D. Angrave, A. Charlwood, I. Kiekpatrick, M. Lawrence. HR and Analytics: Why HR is set to fail the big data Challenge. Researchgate, 26,2016.
- O. Bayraktar, C. Atac. The effects of Industry 4.0 on Human resources management. Researchgate, 2018.