Method for deposition of thin films from ceramics with high dielectric permittivity on metal plates
- 1 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Metal Science, Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Centre “Acad. A. Balevski”, Shipchenski Prohod Blvd. 67, 1574 Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2 Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Solid State Physics “G. Nadjakov”, 72 Tzarigradsko Chaussee, Blvd., 1784 Sofia, BULGARIA
There has been growing interest in the use of the sol-gel approach to form high-quality dielectric materials. Their tailored properties allow for developing functional electronic devices in a scalable and rapid manner. According to physicochemical principles, the displacement and response behavior of charges under an applied external field can manifest in unique dielectric properties, providing useful information to improve the process, design, and quality of electronic devices. Therefore, a systematic and in-depth investigation of the fundamentals of sol-gel dielectrics is necessary. In this Research Update, we present recent advances in various sol-gel-processed dielectric materials and their applications to functional electronic devices. A brief introduction to sol-gel chemistry to form oxide dielectric films and the basis of physical mechanisms under electrical fields are discussed. Along with the dielectric properties, recent achievements of proofof-concept experiments and their various applications to functional electronic devices are introduced. It is expected that further innovations in solution-processed metal oxide dielectrics will achieve cost-effective high-performance functional electronics in the near future.
- Carbon – ionogel supercapacitors for integrated microelectronics, G. Leung, L.Smith, J.Lau, B.Dunn, Ch.Chui “Nanotechnology” 27 (2016)035204.
- Recent Progress in Micro – Supercapacitors, Design, Integration and Functionalization, J.Wang, F.Li, F.Zhu,O.G.Schmidt, “Small methods”, 3 (2019) 1800367.
- D Self – Assemled Microelectronic Devices: Concepts ,Materials, Applications, D.Karmaushenko, T.Kang, V.K.Bandari,F.Zhu, O.G.Schmidt, “Advanced Materials” (2019) 1902994.
- Application of the sol-gel methods for catalyst preparation, M.A. Cauqui, J.M. Rodrigues – Izquiero, “Journal of non –Crystalline solids “147& 148 (1992) p.724 -728.
- Advancement of sol-gel prepared TiO2 photocatalyst R.Bashiri, N.M.Mohamed, Ch.f.Kait in book “Recent application of Sol- Gel Synthesis “p.151 – 167.,doi: 10.5772/intecgopen 68357.
- The effect of introducing copper dopant on photocatalytic activity of ZnO nanoparticles, K.Milenova ,I.Stambolova, V.Blaskov, A.Eliyas,S.Vassilev, M.Shipochka, “Journal of chemical technology and metallurgy” 48 (2013) p.259-264.
- Development of new nanosized sol-gel coatings on the steel with enhanced corrosion Resistance, D.Stambolova, S. Yordanov, L.Lakov, V.Blaskov, S.Vassilev, M.Aleksandrova, B.Jivov, Y.Kostova, S.Simeonova, K. Balashev, ”International scientific journal materials science, non- equilibrium phase transition,year iv.issue“ 1,(2018) p.18-20.
- Surface and morphological features of ZrO2 sol- gel coatings obtained by polymer modified solutions, O. Dimitrov, I .Stambolova, S.Vassilev, K.Lazarova, Ts. Babeva,”Material proceedings 6 (2020).
- Summary of sol – gel synthesis of materials with electronic application ,M. Aleksandrova, B.Jivov, L.Lakov “International Scientific Journal Materials Science.Non – Equilibrium Phase Transformation year VI” (2020) p. 83-85.
- The Chemistry of the Sol – Gel Process, J.Livage, C.Sanches , M.Henry ,S.Doneff ,”Solid State Ionics „‟ 32/33 (1989) p.663- 638.
- Enhancing dielectric permittivity for energy- storage devices through tricritical phenomenon, J.Gao, Y.Wang, Y.Liu, X.Hu, X.Ke ,L.Zhong, Y.He, X.Ren, ”Scientific Reports”/ 7:40916/ doi:10.1038/srep 40916.
- E. P. Kashchieva, V. D. Ivanova, B. T. Jivov and Y. B. Dimitriev, „Nanostructured borate glass ceramics containing PbMoO4”, Physics and Chemistry of Glasses, 41 (6), 2000, pp. 355- 357.
- Crystalline structure, defect chemistry and room temperature colossal permittivity of Nd-doped barium titanate, Q. Sun, Q. Gu, K. Zhu, R. Jin, J. Liu, J.Wang, J. U.Qiu, ”Scientific Reports”/ 7:42274/doi; 10.1038/srep42274.
- V. D. Ivanova, E. P. Kashchieva, B. T. Jivov, Y. B. Dimitriev, „Electron Microscopic Study of Lead-Borate Composites Containing PbMoO4 Nanocrystals”, Nanostructured Materials Application and Inovation Transfer, Heron Press Science Series, Sofia, 2001, pp 30-32.
- Colossal permittivity in ultrafine grain size BaTiO3-x and Ba0.95La0.05TiO3-x materials, S.Guillemet –Fritsc et al., “ Adv.Mater.” (2008) 551-555.