Modern metals, alloys and polymers, using in mechanical engineering, now have such high-temperature and strength properties that do not meet the advanced requirements. One of the methods to improve their physico-mechanical properties is the method of hardening by dispersed additives. Nanodiamond (ND) and diamond-carbon -containing material (NDC) of detonation synthesis, having nano-structure and high surface energy, impact structurally on any materials contacting with them. Detonation synthesis is a fundamentally new and productive type of basic technology for producing nanostructures and nanomaterials. ND of detonation synthesis is a unique material that combines the properties of diamonds and the advantages of nanostructures. Industrial development of the given method made it possible to actually reach large-volume production and consumption of ND in a number of industries. The effectiveness application of ND and NDC in industrial lubricants, polishing, composite galvano-chemical coatings, metal and polymer-based composites has been shown.
- ] A. I. Lyamkin, E. A. Petrov, A. P. Ershov, G. V. Sakovich, A. M. Staver, and V. M. Titov, “The way to produce diamonds from explosives,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 302(3), 611–613 (1988).
- F. E. Griener, B. S. Phillips, J. D. Johnson, and F. Volk, “Diamonds in detonation soot,” Nature 333(172), 440–442 (1988).
- A. L. Vereshchagin, E. A. Petrov, G. V. Sakovich, V. F. Komarov, et al., RF Patent 2051092RU (25.12.1991); Europe. Patent 05745587 ER (25.12.1991); Japan Patent 2799337 (25.12.1991), USA Patent 5.861.349 USA (18.11.1993); Canada Patent 2.104.867 (26.06.1993); Belorussian Patent 3075BY (25.12.1991).
- A. L. Vereshchagin, E. A. Petrov, G. V. Sakovich, V. F. Komarov, et al., RF Patent 2041165 RU (12.02.1993); USA Patent 5.916.955 USA (23.12.1996); Belorussian Patent 1687BY (12.02.1993).
- A. L. Vereschagin, G. V. Sakovich, V. F. Komarov, and E. A. Petrov, “Properties of ultrafine diamond clusters from detonation synthesis,” Diamond and Relater Materials, No. 3, 160–162 (1993).
- E.A. Petrov, “ Detonation synthesis of nanomaterials. Nanodiamonds and nanotechnology.” Biysk, Russia: Technological Institute of the Altay State Technical University, 259p (2015).
- E.A. Petrov, A. A. Kolesova, A. B. Pribavkin, “Properties of nanodiamonds of industrial detonation synthesis”: International scientific journal "Machines. Technologies. Materials." 13(8) 373-375 (2019)