The fatigue strength of 40X steel at 25 oC was determined following ASTM E606M standard for strain-controlled tests. The studied experimental dependence was modelled with a power function as well as with the functions and coefficients described in the standard. The material expresses plastic properties for cyclic loadings above 0.2% strain amplitude.
- ASTM E606/606M-12 Standard Test Method for Strain- Controlled Fatigue Testing.
- Characteristics of 40X-brand steel, https://metinvestholding.com/en/products/steel-grades/40x
- K. Vakulenko, I. Kazak, V. Matsevityi. Effect of the state of surface layer on 40х steel fatigue characteristics. East. Eur. J. of Enterpr. Techn., 35 (81), pp. 18–24 (2016) https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.69644
- D.I. Shetulov, V.V Mylnikov, O.B. Kondrashkin, A.I. Pronin, E.A. Chernyshov. Application of Interpolation Functions in the Express Evaluation of Parameters of Fatigue Resistance. Int. J. of Appl. and Fund. Res. № 3 (2017) URL: www.science-sd.com/471-25288
- A.A. Loktev, V.V. Korolev, E.A. Gridasova. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 687 (2019) 022036. IOP Publishing doi:10.1088/1757-899X/687/2/022036
- C.M. Sonsino. Course of SN-curves especially in the high-cycle fatigue regime with regard to component design and safety. Int. J. of Fatigue. Volume 29, Issue 12, December pp. 2246-2258, (2007)
- B. Boardman. Fatigue Resistance of Steels. Chapter in ASM Handbook, Volume 1: Properties and Selection: Irons, Steels, and High-Performance Alloys. ASM International. pp. 673 – 688. (1990)