Analysis of mcgregor, aldelfer and murray’s motivation theories and their applicability in the military
- 1 Vasil Levski National Military University, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
The article discusses some of the content motivational theories, examining their applicability in military organisation. The purpose of the report is to analyse the theories of McGregor, Aldelfer and Murray rather than indicate the best approach for motivation. The results of the analysis will contribute to a clearer understanding of military motivation and provide guidance that commanders and chiefs could use to enhance their own motivational style.
- Mullins, L., Management and Organisational Behaviour, London, 1989
- McGregor, D., The Human Side of the Enterprise. The Management Review, 5-th ed., Reprinted in Management 97/98, Editor Maidment, F., Dushkin/McGraw Hill, 1957,
- Aldelfer, C., Existence, relatedness and growth, New York, Free Press, 1972
- Murray, H., Explorations in Personality, Oxford University Press, NY, 2008