Removal of the haulm from the heads of sugar beet to the roots during their harvesting (cutting the main mass) or separation of its residues (when finishing the heads) is a complex technological process associated with either a significant loss of sugar-bearing mass (low cut), or not complete removal of residues (high cut), which significantly degrades the quality of root crops. Therefore, ways to find a complete removal of haulm and its residues from the heads of root crops require research and development of such devices capable of performing this process qualitatively. However, first it is necessary to determine theoretically and experimentally the basic initial conditions under which high quality indicators will be achieved, and losses of sugar-bearing mass during cutting the haulm will be minimal, with the remaining haulm being as small as possible (or they will be absent at all). This paper theoretically and experimentally investigates and determines the loss of sugar mass and remnants of the bud on the heads of sugar beet roots during the separation of the bud and its remnants. It is established that in the interval of working heights of a cut which is equal to 20 … 60 mm deviation of theoretical calculations from experimental does not exceed on the average 1%.
- Zuev, N.M., Toporovsky, S.A. Bescopy cut of the heads of root crops. Sugar beet magazine. - Moscow, 1988, No. 6, p. 42-45.
- Toporovsky, S.A. Substantiation of the technological process and the main parameters of the working body for harvesting sugar beet buds without copying the heads of root crops. Abstract for the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences, Kyiv, 1988, 19 p.
- Boris, M.M. Modeling of the process of cutting the beet roots of sugar beets. - Collection of Scientific Papers of the National Agrarian University. Promising technologies for growing and harvesting sugar beets, Volume 2, Kyiv, 1997, p. 77 - 80.
- Wenzel, E.S. Probability Theory. Fourth edition, stereotypical, 1969, Moscow: Nauka, 576 p..
- Filchakov, P.F. Handbook of higher mathematics. - Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1974, 743 p.
- Bulgakov V.M., Golovach I.V., Ruzhilo Z.V. etc. Theory and technical means for harvesting sugar beet buds: a monograph. Kyiv: Agrarian Science, 2021. - 212 p.
- Karwowski T. Reine Landmaschinentechnik. Theorie und Konstruktion der Landmaschinen / T. Karwowski // Hackfrucht– erntemaschinen. – Berlin, 1974. – 287 p.
- Karwowski T. Teoria i konstrukcja maszyn rolniczych. Tom 2, część II. Maszyny do zbiru ziemniakόw i burakόw cukrowych / T. Karwowski. – Wydanie II, Warszawa, 1982. – 428 S.
- Ignatiev E.I. Analysis of modern methods of harvesting sugar beet stalks / Ignatiev E.I. / Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference "Problems and prospects of sustainable development of agriculture". - Melitopol: TSATU, April 14–25, 2016. - P. 95 - 96.
- Bulgakov V., Adamchuk V., Nozdrovický L., Ihnatiev Ye. Theory of Vibrations of Sugar Beet Leaf Harvester Front- Mounted on Universal Tractor. – Acta Technologica Agriculturae. – 2017, Volume 20: Issue 4, Nitra, Slovaca Universitas Agriculturae Nitriae. – pp. 96-103.
- Ihnatiev Ye. Theoretical research and development of new design of beet tops harvesting machinery / Ye. Ihnatiev // V International scientific Congress “Agricultural machinery”. – Varna. – Issue 19 (205). Vol. 1, 21-24 June 2017. – pp. 19 – 21.
- Bulgakov V. Theoretical investigation of aggregation of top removal machine frontally mounted on wheeled tractor / V. Bulgakov, V. Adamchuk, S. Ivanovs, Y. Ihnatiev // Engineering for rural development. – Jelgava, 2017. – Vol. 16. – p.p. 273–280.
- Bulgakov V. Theoretical determination of cutting force of the sugar beet tops from root crop head / V. Bulgakov, M. Boris, Ye. Ihnatiev, H. Beloev // International scientific conference “Conserving soils and water”. – Burgas. 31.08-3.09. 2016. p.p. 68-70.
- Huijbregts T. Long-term storage of sugar beet in North- West Europe / T. Huijbregts, G. Legrand et al. // COBRI report. – 2013. – №1. – 54 p.
- Bulgakov V. Theoretical investigations in cleaning sugar beet heads from remnants of leaves by cleaning blade / V. Bulgakov, S. Ivanovs, I. Golovach, Z. Ruzhylo. – 15-th International scientific conference “Engineering for rural development”, Proceedings, Vol. 15. May 25-27, 2016. Jelgava. – P. 1090-1097.