BUSINESS & “INDUSTRY 4.0”
Effect of Using Rock Wool on Mechanical and Physical Properties of Oriented Strandboard (OSB)
- 1 Kastamonu Entegre Ağaç Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., Kastamonu Organize Sanayi Bölgesi 7. Cad. No:2/8 37200 Halife Köyü/Kastamonu/Türkiye
- 2 Department of Wood Mechanics and Technology, Forestry Faculty, Istanbul University-Cerrahpasa, Bahcekoy, Sariyer, 34473, Istanbul, Turkey
In this study, the effect of using different ratios of rock wool on the mechanical and physical properties of OSB (Oriented strandboard) boards, according to the place of use and properties of OSB. For this purpose, 18 mm x1220 mm x2440 mm (control, A1, A2, A3) at a density of 600 kg/m³ using rock wool in three different (10-20-30%) ratios, in proportion to the weight of the middle layer of the chipboard obtained from 100% maritime pine (Pinus maritima) wood. OSB/2 test boards were produced. OSB/2 test boards obtained as a result of using different proportions of rock wool were tested according to the relevant standards. According to the test results, when the mechanical and physical properties (tensile strength in the vertical direction, bending resistance, modulus of elasticity, swelling properties and free formaldehyde values) are compared with the control board, it has been determined that 10-20% rock wool can be used in the production of OSB/2 boards to be used as insulation board. Accordingly, rock wool reinforced composite OSB boards can be preferred as insulation boards in the wood panel industry.
- Oriented strand board (OSB) market - growth, trends, covid- 19 ımpact, and forecasts (2022 - 2027), Mordor Intelligence Private Li, India.
- Jin, J., Chen, S., and Wellwood, R. (2016). "Oriented strand board: Opportunities and potential products in China," BioRes. 11(4), 10585-10603.
- Zeleniuc, O., Dumitrascu, A.-E., and Ciobanu, V. D. (2020). "Properties evaluation by thickness and type of oriented strandboards manufactured in continuous press line," BioRes. 15(3), 5829-5842.
- Lunguleasa, A.; Dumitrascu, A.-E.; Spirchez, C.; Ciobanu, V.-D. Influence of the Strand Characteristics on the Properties Oriented Strand Boards Obtained from Resinous and Broad- Leaved Fast-Growing Species. Appl. Sci. 2021; 11:1784.
- Rajanayagam, H.; Upasiri, I.; Poologanathan, K.; Gatheeshgar, P.; Sherlock, P.; Konthesingha, C.; Nagaratnam, B.; Perera, D. Thermal Performance of LSF Wall Systems with Vacuum Insulation Panels. Buildings 2021;11:621.