THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF SECURITY
Some standardized peculiarity in defining the processes / stages providing input data for Intelligent Security Systems development – peripheral security systems
- 1 Institute of Metal Science Equipment and Technologies with Hydro- and Aerodynamics Centre ―Acad. A Balevski‖ at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
The creation of an intelligent security environment is one of the main trends in the coming years, as security technologies will be a significant part of the developed systems, incl. physical protection and system integration systems will play a key role in d ata collection to ensure critical infrastructure (CI) security. Organizations equipped with intelligent security systems provide increased operational efficiency by using system integration for data collection and allow systems to “communicate” and work in tandem to provide real-time information for emergency preparedness or execution.
In addition, data collected from advanced security technologies can be analyzed by system integrators to help senior CI management better understand how their organization works and make improvements based on the information gathered. Understanding the value of connecting different physical security systems, incl. and CI peripheral security systems, as well as ways to integrate them with other systems, is a key component in developing a smarter and more secure facility. Whether applying new CI solutions or upgrading compatibility solutions, system integration offers a variety of cost options that meet the specific needs of the business environment.
Last but not least, threat information is used to determine the security regime of the CI as a basis for developing common requirements and performance targets, as well as criteria for assessing the conformity or effectiveness of physical protection systems. Modern standardized approaches have been developed, summarizing the good international practices, for determining the goals and / or requirements for physical protection, in accordance with the specifics of CI and for preventing any level of potential impact both in the sites and for the population in the neighboring territories. The development of requirements for peripheral security systems as an element of intelligent CI security systems and their integration in the CI as early as possible is the subject of this publication.
- Dimitar Dimitrov, ―DEVELOPING, IMPLEMENTING AND MAINTAINING AN INTEGRATED PHYSICAL PROTECTION SYSTEM FOR NUCLEAR FACILITIES‖, Proceedings of the Scientific Conference "Current Security Issues", 5, Publishing House of Vasil Levski National University, 2020, ISSN: 2367-7465, pp. 78-86;
- Dimitar Dimitrov, ―Comparative evaluation of techniques for modeling and simulation of interdependent critical infrastructures‖, Proceedings of the annual university scientific conference, 10, Publishing House of Vasil Levski, 2020, ISSN: ISSN: 1314-1937, pp. 231- 241;
- Pehlivanski V. ―Tests in the process of designing protection systems‖, monograph 2020, ISBN 978-619-188-359-2;
- Lichkov N., Pehlivanski V., Lyaskov N., Penev N., ―Method for experimental measurement of the attenuation of microwave oscillation during its propagation in a given medium‖, Sb. reports of the XVIII International Scientific Congress ―Machines. Technologies. Materials‖, 1, NTS in Mechanical Engineering, 2021, ISSN: 2535-0021, pp. 75-78;
- Gueorgiev N., Boychev Y., Kosev V., ―Investigation of seismic oscillations caused by one type of heavy chain technique‖, Sat. reports of the XVIII International Scientific Congress ―Machines. Technologies. Materials‖, 1, NTS in Mechanical Engineering, 2021, ISSN: 2535-0021, 23-26;
- Gueorgiev N., Boychev Y., Kosev V., ―Investigation of seismic oscillations caused by one type of heavy wheel equipment‖, Sat. reports of the XVIII International Scientific Congress ―Machines. Technologies. Materials‖, 1, NTS in Mechanical Engineering, 2021, ISSN: 2535-0021, 27-30;
- Yavor Boychev, Nikolai Dyulgerov, ―Preparation and properties of composites with ultrafine-grained structure‖, 2021, ISBN: 978-619-245-100-4, 120;
- Litchkov N. G., Boychev Y. D., Kosev V. I., ―Analysis of the frequency characteristics of a class of seismic signals‖, Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference on Security ―CONFSEC 2020‖, 4, 1, NTS in Mechanical Engineering, 2020, ISSN: 2603-2945, 113-116;
- Nikolay Gueorguiev, Yavor Boichev, Konstantina Belotelova, Ivan Ivanov, ―FREQUENCY CHARACTERISTICS OF SEISMIC PIEZOELECTRIC SENSORS UNDER ONE-DIMENSIONAL MECHANICAL ACTION‖, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Sofia, Vol.49 (2019), ISSN: 0861-6663 (Print), 1314-8710 (Online) pp. 130-141. Bulgarian Academy of sciences, National committee of theoretical and applied mechanics, 50, 2, 2020, ISSN: 0861-6663 (Print), 1314-8710 (Online), 130-141. SJR (Scopus):0.28;