In this paper is presented an exergy analysis of steam turbine (along with analysis of each cylinder and cylinder part) from ultrasupercritical power plant. Observation of all the cylinders shows that IPC (Intermediate Pressure Cylinder) is the dominant mechanical power producer (it produces mechanical power equal to 394.44 MW), it has the lowest exergy loss and simultaneously the highest exergy efficiency (equal to 95.84%). HPC (High Pressure Cylinder) has a very high exergy efficiency equal to 92.37% what confirms that ultrasupercritical steam process is very beneficial for the HPC (and whole steam turbine) operation. LPC (Low Pressure Cylinder) is a dissymmetrical dual flow cylinder, so both of its parts (left and right part) did not produce the same mechanical power, did not have the same exergy loss, but their exergy efficiency is very similar and in a range of entire LPC exergy efficiency (around 82.5%). Whole observed steam turbine produces mechanical power equal to 928.03 MW, has exergy loss equal to 93.45 MW and has exergy efficiency equal to 90.85%. The exergy efficiency of the whole analyzed steam turbine is much higher in comparison to other steam turbines from various conventional power plants.
- Sutton, I. (2017). Plant design and operations. Gulf Professional Publishing
- Tanuma, T. (Ed.). (2017). Advances in steam turbines for modern power plants. Woodhead Publishing.
- Mrzljak, V., Anđelić, N., Lorencin, I., & Sandi Baressi Šegota, S. (2021). The influence of various optimization algorithms on nuclear power plant steam turbine exergy efficiency and destruction. Pomorstvo, 35(1), 69-86. (doi:10.31217/p.35.1.8)
- Elhelw, M., & Al Dahma, K. S. (2019). Utilizing exergy analysis in studying the performance of steam power plant at two different operation mode. Applied Thermal Engineering, 150, 285-293. (doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2019.01.003)
- Mrzljak, V., Poljak, I., & Mrakovčić, T. (2017). Energy and exergy analysis of the turbo-generators and steam turbine for the main feed water pump drive on LNG carrier. Energy conversion and management, 140, 307-323. (doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2017.03.007)
- Behrendt, C., & Stoyanov, R. (2018). Operational characteristic of selected marine turbounits powered by steam from auxiliary oil-fired boilers. New Trends in Production Engineering, 1(1), 495-501. (doi:10.2478/ntpe-2018-0061)
- Ahmadi, G. R., & Toghraie, D. (2016). Energy and exergy analysis of Montazeri steam power plant in Iran. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 56, 454-463. (doi:10.1016/j.rser.2015.11.074)
- Ebrahimgol, H., Aghaie, M., Zolfaghari, A., & Naserbegi, A. (2020). A novel approach in exergy optimization of a WWER1000 nuclear power plant using whale optimization algorithm. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 145, 107540. (doi:10.1016/j.anucene.2020.107540)
- Adibhatla, S., & Kaushik, S. C. (2014). Energy and exergy analysis of a super critical thermal power plant at various load conditions under constant and pure sliding pressure operation. Applied thermal engineering, 73(1), 51-65. (doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2014.07.030)
- Lin, X., Li, Q., Wang, L., Guo, Y., & Liu, Y. (2020). Thermo-economic analysis of typical thermal systems and corresponding novel system for a 1000 MW single reheat ultra-supercritical thermal power plant. Energy, 201, 117560. (doi:10.1016/j.energy.2020.117560)
- Rocha, D. H., & Silva, R. J. (2019). Exergoenvironmental analysis of a ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plant. Journal of cleaner production, 231, 671-682.
- Mohamed, O., Khalil, A., & Wang, J. (2020). Modeling and control of supercritical and ultra-supercritical power plants: a review. Energies, 13(11), 2935. (doi:10.3390/en13112935)
- Kostyuk, A., & Frolov, V. (1988). Steam and gas turbines. Mir Publishers.
- Mrzljak, V., Lorencin, I., Anđelić, N., & Car, Z. (2021). Thermodynamic Analysis of a Condensate Heating System from a Marine Steam Propulsion Plant with Steam Reheating. Journal of Marine Science and Application, 20(1), 117-127. (doi:10.1007/s11804-021-00191-5)
- Medica-Viola, V., Pavković, B., & Mrzljak, V. (2018). Numerical model for on-condition monitoring of condenser in coal-fired power plants. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 117, 912-923. (doi:10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.10.047)
- Aljundi, I. H. (2009). Energy and exergy analysis of a steam power plant in Jordan. Applied thermal engineering, 29(2-3), 324-328. (doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2008.02.029)
- Mrzljak, V., Poljak, I., & Medica-Viola, V. (2017). Dual fuel consumption and efficiency of marine steam generators for the propulsion of LNG carrier. Applied Thermal Engineering, 119, 331- 346. (doi:10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2017.03.078)
- Mrzljak, V., Poljak, I., & Prpić-Oršić, J. (2019). Exergy analysis of the main propulsion steam turbine from marine propulsion plant. Brodogradnja: Teorija i praksa brodogradnje i pomorske tehnike, 70(1), 59-77. (doi:10.21278/brod70105)
- Poljak, I., Bielić, T., Mrzljak, V., & Orović, J. (2020). Analysis and Optimization of Atmospheric Drain Tank of Lng Carrier Steam Power Plant. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 8(8), 568. (doi:10.3390/jmse8080568)
- Tan, H., Shan, S., Nie, Y., & Zhao, Q. (2018). A new boil-off gas re-liquefaction system for LNG carriers based on dual mixed refrigerant cycle. Cryogenics, 92, 84-92. (doi:10.1016/j.cryogenics.2018.04.009)
- Mrzljak, V., Senčić, T., & Ţarković, B. (2018). Turbogenerator steam turbine variation in developed power: Analysis of exergy efficiency and exergy destruction change. Modelling and Simulation in Engineering, 2018. (doi:10.1155/2018/2945325)
- Marjanović, D. (2022). Energy and exergy analysis of ultra-supercritical steam power plant. Graduation thesis, Faculty of engineering, University of Rijeka, Rijeka.
- Lemmon, E. W., Huber, M. L., & McLinden, M. O. (2010). NIST Standard Reference Database 23, Reference Fluid Thermodynamic and Transport Properties (REFPROP), version 9.0, National Institute of Standards and Technology. R1234yf. fld file dated December, 22, 2010.
- Mrzljak, V., Prpić-Oršić, J., & Poljak, I. (2018). Energy power losses and efficiency of low power steam turbine for the main feed water pump drive in the marine steam propulsion system. Pomorski zbornik, 54(1), 37-51. (doi:10.18048/2018.54.03)
- Baressi Šegota, S., Lorencin, I., Anđelić, N., Mrzljak, V., & Car, Z. (2020). Improvement of marine steam turbine conventional exergy analysis by neural network application. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 8(11), 884. (doi:10.3390/jmse8110884)
- Anđelić, N., Baressi Šegota, S., Lorencin, I., Poljak, I., Mrzljak, V., & Car, Z. (2021). Use of Genetic Programming for the Estimation of CODLAG Propulsion System Parameters. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 9(6), 612. (doi:10.3390/jmse9060612)
- Lorencin, I., Anđelić, N., Mrzljak, V., & Car, Z. (2019). Genetic algorithm approach to design of multi-layer perceptron for combined cycle power plant electrical power output estimation. Energies, 12(22), 4352. (doi:10.3390/en12224352)